Recently Zuulzilla nominated me for a Liebster award! A Liebster Award is a small token of appreciation given to bloggers for doing what they do and serves as a way for bloggers to learn about other bloggers. Its taken me a bit to respond with so much going on recently, but have written this post a bit here and there over the past couple weeks.
The Rules for the Nominees
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must state 10 facts about yourself.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
- You must pick 5-10 bloggers to be nominated with under 200 followers.
Random Facts About Me
- I got my video game start playing Centipede in the children’s ward of a hospital when I was 4, when I had spinal meningitis
- When I was growing up I wanted to be an astronaut until I watched the challenger explode in 1986
- I will weave movie and TV quotes into everyday conversation, and have even used some during work settings
- I am a huge 49ers fan, because my great aunt told me to root for them, when I watched my first NFL game, so I have ever since.
- When in college I rescued 2 dachshunds who were abandoned in an apartment down the hall from me.
- I am directly responsible for at least 3 people failing out of college during my freshman year due to organizing an NFL Blitz tournament during the week before finals.
- When I was 8 I invented “Dijonaise” by mixing Dijon mustard and mayonnaise together. My mom didn’t think it was worth trying to get patented/trademarked whatever you do with food products.
- In college outside of sports games, Strarcraft and Diablo, I played MUDDs (text based roleplay games online).
- I went to college for computer science because I wanted to get a job at Blizzard, and to this day it is still my dream job, having applied over 20 times since graduating college.
- While I played all the Warcraft RTS, it wasn’t until Warcraft 3 introduced the Lich King that I truly was hooked on the Warcraft universe.
- Who, what, and/or where does your blogging inspiration come from?
I just like to write my thoughts and speak my mind. An old coworker introduced me to the idea of blogging and we started a short lived comic blog, before we went down different paths in our career and quit that project. So now I write mostly about video games.
- What do you/did you want to be when you grow up?
At first an astronaut, then I saw the challenger blow up on TV and decided I wanted to be an engineer. It wasn’t until later on in life that I got hooked on Blizzard games and wanted to work for them after college.
- What advice do you have for someone just starting out in blogging?
Write about what you love. Sticking to a schedule is important but always blog for you first, readers will come secondary.
- What are some things on your bucket list?
I want to go to London and Europe. I always wanted to get a motorcycle and ride it cross country, but that will wait until my children are a bit more grown I think.
- What clique were you in in high school?
I was in 2, the geeks. I hung out with the folks in drama, band who just liked to be skaters. But being part of varsity football, I hung out with other jocks a lot too, I bridged 2 different words, I got along with all of them.
- You are exiled to an island and can take three items. What do you choose?
Assuming the island has shelter already since I was exiled, I assume power. I would bring tools, a crossbow (with arrows), and of course satellite communication.
- If you could go back 5 years and share one piece of advice with yourself, what would you say?
Stop over-thinking buying that Netflix stock, do it, and buy as much of it as you can!
- Who’s your favorite Superhero?
Superman, I grew up loving everything he stood for, but he is tied with Spider-Man, I love that Peter Parker is such a geek outside of his Spidey duties.
- Favorite place to visit?
The mountains. Growing up near the beach it got old really fast. So now I like going up into the mountains its a nice change.
- Dinosaurs or Dragons? Why?
Dragons, because they breathe fire…duh.
- Xia, though she typically writes here on my blog, I love reading her writing.
- Quori, my fellow guildie who writes at http://quori.wordpress.com/
- Megacode, has helped me stay current with my holy pally, who is my main alt, but before Wrath was my main, he writes at http://healingspec.com/
- Fimlys, has done a ton for the blogging community with Twisted Nether Blogcast and blogs at http://aatwow.fimlys.com/
- Wowmartiean, while he is mostly known for his youtube content, he also blogs and when he does its a great read at http://wowmartiean.com
Questions for Nominees:
- Favorite gaming food & beverage? Why?
- Guilty pleasure movie you enjoy?
- Video game that has disappointed you the most in the past 5 years and why?
- What video game are you most looking forward to in the next 1-2 years?
- If you could do another job than the one you currently do, what would you want to do?
- Hardest part of blogging or being part of a content creator community?
- When you take a few days off, what do you typically do?
- Biggest real life accomplishment, and biggest gaming accomplishments?
- Best 80s cartoon?
- Marvel or DC? Why?