Boursin Noodles with Smoked Sausage
A quick game night pasta recipe brought to us by Liz. This is one of the easiest recipes to make, and takes less than 30 minutes! If you want to make this a bit healthier Liz mentions you can leave out the smoked sausage and substitute chicken. Another option is you can make some delicious Boursin meatballs (You would need two packages of Boursin for this option). You can even switch up the type of Boursin used — there’s a few different flavors that would be exceptional, experiment with the recipe, have fun, and dig in!
- 8 oz. Egg noodles
- 2 2/3 cups Low sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted butter, divided into 2 Tbsp and 1 Tbsp
- 1 5 oz package Boursin Garlic & Fine Herb cheese
- 1 package Smoked Sausage, thawed, cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 3 Quart Pot
- Cutting Knife
- Large Cooking Spoon
- Add chicken broth to a 3-quart pot and bring to a boil, then add egg noodles. As the noodles are in the pot and the broth is boiling, make sure to stir the noodles to ensure they are fully coated with the chicken broth.
- Place the skillet on the stove and set to med-high heat.
- Cut up sausage (or chicken if you substituted) and add to the hot skillet, cook until browned.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter to the sausage and cover. Cook for about 8 minutes.
- When noodles are done, turn off heat but do not remove pot from burner, do not drain out the remaining broth, there will be a little chicken broth left.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter to noodles and stir until butter is melted and mixed throughout the noodles.
- Add the Boursin cheese to the noodles, break it up with cooking spoon and stir well to combine until smooth.
- Add cooked smoked sausage to noodles and stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat for an additional 2-3 minutes to ensure the sausage is warm, and all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
You can also email Liz at email@example.com